4th Annual SymmyS Judges
- Myq Kaplan is a comedian named Mike Kaplan.
He has been seen on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, the Late Show with David Letterman, and in his own half-hour Comedy Central Presents special. He has been heard on his albums "Meat Robot" and "Vegan Mind Meld" (which was one of iTunes top 10 comedy albums of the year), his podcast, "Hang Out With Me" on the Keith and The Girl network, and also thousands of other podcasts and things that aren't podcasts. In addition to being seen and heard, he has been smelled and tasted and touched. In May 2014, his one-hour special, "Small, Dork, and Handsome," debuted on Netflix, and all kinds of other things will probably happen in the future, but bios are mainly about the past. Check out myqkaplan.com for more information, and/or live your life however you choose. Thanks!
- Comedian and actress Suzy Soro (Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm),
- MC Mr. Napkins (aka Zach Sherwin) is a comedian and rapper based in Los Angeles. His television credits include “Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell” (FX) and “The Pete Holmes Show” (TBS), as well as appearances on E!, VH1, and CNN Headline News. He also writes for and performs in the blockbuster YouTube series “Epic Rap Battles of History,” playing such characters as Stephen King, Sherlock Holmes, and Egon Spengler, and he was awarded an RIAA-certified gold record for the “Albert Einstein vs. Stephen Hawking” single. Zach’s own music videos have been viewed millions of times online, and his latest album, "Rap!," will be released June 9, 2015 on AST Records.
- Will Shortz is NPR’s Puzzle Master and the New York Times’ Crossword Editor. He is the star of the documentary film "WordPlay."
- David Astle, puzzle master of Australia's Sydney Morning Herald, author and language columnist;
- Margaret Malone is a fast-rising literary star. Her dark and very funny debut collection of short fiction, "People Like You," (Atelier26 Books; 2015) won the 2015 Balcones Fiction Awards and was a 2016 PEN/Hemingway Award finalist. Malone’s writing has appeared in The Missouri Review, Oregon Humanities Magazine, Coal City Review, Swink, Nailed, latimes.com, and the Forest Avenue Press anthology The Night, and the Rain, and the River.
- Rapper MC Paul Barman ("Paulelujah," "Thought Balloon Mushroom Cloud")
- Ben Zimmer, executive producer of VisualThesaurus.com and Vocabulary.com, and language columnist for The Wall Street Journal
- Jack Rosenthal, Pulitzer Prize winning editorial writer, retired from the New York Times,
- Tim Van Ert (aka Timi Imit) of the biggest palindrome website, MockOK.com
-- Mike Maguire, palindromic poet and the author of "Drawn Inward."